Monday, December 3, 2007

Time keeps a rollin'

Wow, how time flies! After Matthew got back from Missouri, I took off to Santa Barbara for a great mom's weekend. I don't think I've been that relaxed, for that long, in 4 years!

Then it was full swing into Thanksgiving preparations! I hosted and prepared my first ever Thanksgiving. Kind of a big deal since I had sworn up and down that I would never, ever cook a turkey (because I didn't want to actually handle the thing). I got over my "thing" and pulled it off alright!
It was a pretty quiet one, considering we only had Pat & Fred (Matthew's parents) and John & Chieko...kind of. Jackson got sick that day, so John and Chieko had to tag-team. Only 5 adults actually ate the food I had prepared for about 20. I think Matthew had turkey for 3 meals a day for the following 4 days straight, and I am still eating stuffing!!! We don't have any pictures from the meal...our camera broke while I was away (hmmmmm....). I have a whole new appreciation for all those who have prepared Thanksgiving meals in the past! It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work!!!






We attended our first Christmas event at the annual Tree Lighting of the old oak tree in downtown Danville. The kids had their first encounter with Santa there...Annabelle went up to retrieve her candy cane from him, but that was about it for her. She wasn't scared, but I don't think she really knew what to do, either. Wyatt stepped right up and started describing the littany of things that he wants. When I say describing, that's exactly what I mean...he doesn't actually know the names of many of the toys he wants, which is funny, and difficult to really pin down exactly what it is that he's talking about! What was really cute was later the next day, Wyatt said, "Oh darn! I forgot to tell Santa to bring a learning bike for Annabelle!" He has it on his wishlist and everything...what a sweet big brother!


We got our tree this weekend and decorated it with care. Annabelle helped out a little, but lost interest pretty quickly. She moved on to "cooking" with her pretend food and our silver tea setting pieces, while the rest of us finished the job. Later on in the evening, Annabelle started putting "presents" in her stocking for good little girls and boys. We each got a puzzle piece! She is very entertaining, to say the least!




We've been working on some holiday crafts...they will be presents for the kids' preschool teachers and whomever else gets lucky! The kids have really been in to it...they are currently into mass-producing popsicle stick reindeer!

I tried to get a new picture of the kids in their Santa hats, but they weren't so cooperative...I'm going to try again later...I won't even begin to speak to the attitude that goes along with that face! We're on to a new "phase"! Sooooo much fun!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying getting into the spirit of the season!

No comments: