Monday, February 5, 2007

How She Passes Time...


The little girl really likes the bathroom. If I am busy doing something - or nothing for that matter - and I notice that she has been missing for a little while, I first head to the nearest bathroom. She thinks she's gotten savvy, as she now closes the door...but to no avail. She is in there doing one of three things: 1) ripping off pieces of toilet paper and putting them in the toilet (after she's wiped her nose, as not to be wasteful); 2) ripping off pieces of toilet paper and dipping them in the toilet water, then either putting that in her mouth or wiping off the toilet seat (collective gag - go ahead); or 3) pumping the liquid soap onto her hands, the hand towel, etc. in order to "wash hands". Very nice, I know. I'm really working on getting across how dirty and yucky toilet water is, but she's just not believing me at this point. I think I might work on using the t-p and "washing hands" as a motivator for potty training, though. Who needs fruit snacks???
Wyatt never did any of this, so I'm in new territory here. One or two times of redirecting for that kid is all it took! So different, yet from the same genes. One of man's biggest mysteries!
I hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

Johnny GoFast said...

Hey Dude-
Cool post. Actually, if your water ever gets cut off, the toilet is your "best" option for water. True. Most people wouldn't think to hit the toilet, but the reservoir is just as clean as anything out of the tap. The bowl however,just plain nasty. Boil that water as a last resort.

Uncle John