Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!


This is the first Valentine's Day that actually meant something to Wyatt. We prepared his Valentines and his Valentine bag yesterday - I don't think he really knew what was happening at that point. Today at school, the Valentines were delivered and they had a party of sorts. You can see the tiger face - another first for him. Up until today, whenever face painting was available, he wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sure the excitement of all of his friends getting it done had something to do with it. Annabelle was really into the tiger face! When we got home, we went through each and every Valentine to see which was from whom. Brings back memories, for sure.
At school, the parents were invited in for circle time - this is rare. I welled up as I walked in and saw my little boy - looking so big - sitting there. It was really simple - a story, a song and a poem - but I loved it anyway! I so know I'm going to be "that parent" that drives the teacher nuts asking to "help out with anything". I think pre-schools should have a streaming video camera in their classrooms so parents can log-in at anytime and see what their little cherubs are doing! I know, I know...that's crazy...from a teacher's stand-point, there's NO WAY I'd buy into that idea!


Annabelle was a sight for pictures today, too, but I didn't have my camera at the ready until she was already in bed for nap time. She had on her black and white striped heart shirt, jeans, caterpillar rain boots, Wyatt's red scarf, and a pink tutu! The boots, tutu and scarf were all her doing...she has quite the fashion sense already!


Both kids say a big thank you to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa and to Susie for the Valentines! And a great big Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

3 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Great story and reminder. I almost forgot that it was Valentines day. Crap. Now I have to go and buy something. But what? Maybe I'll get Chieko a fantasy baseball mag. I think she's been Jonesin' for one.

Shannon said...

Glad I was able to remind you before you left for home! I'm sure Chieko was exstatic about the mag...
Aren't you impressed with how much I've posted???

Johnny GoFast said...

Very impressed. I'm trying to get some inspiration. Stiff little fingers lately.