Wednesday, February 23, 2011

chugga-chugga-chuggin' along!

Slow and steady here! Moulding up around windows, doors, closets, etc. Kinda like watching the grass grow. Moved the island 2 inches towards the great room (can I say I love our contractor?!), the candle wall is almost finished, painters are patching nail holes and other miscellaneous paint prep. The black walnut island top arrived today (LOVE it!), and the electrician stopped in to hook up my oven. But tomorrow, TOMORROW!!!! All countertops will be installed!!! Also, the hood people will be here to "antique" our custom hammered copper hood (somehow this didn't happen @ the factory). And Friday? The plumber will be here to install faucets in the kitchen (and maybe the bathrooms - I didn't ask about that!). And the carpenter will install the island top, too. If you are adding that all up, do you know what that means?! You have three guesses as to what I'm doing this weekend!!!

What's left?
Tile (to be started **crossing fingers** next week - the tile guy, Julian from Bulgaria, is ready. Let's hope the tile is, too!)
Paint (prep started, should be ready for color on Mon/Tues)
Cabinets under stairs
Pantry shelves
Closet shelves
Lighting
Floor (carpet and wood)
Cabinet & Door hardware
Exterior stone and paint (could be a couple of weeks...)

If my list is close to correct, it's not that much (a lot of that can be done simultaneously), and I think I have just the kitchen table chandelier and carpet left in terms of making choices. I think it'll be end of March, beginning of April before all the little details are finished, but a working kitchen is a working kitchen!!!
more of the candle wall 

I'm very happy with the cabinets!!!

I have BIG plans for those 6 burners!

Island with microwave drawer

Wyatt/Guest bath (black distressed cabinets)

Girls' bathroom (maple w/cherry finish - hard to get a good picture w/o electricity!)

No comments: